Tuesday, November 13

MNF, not really.




For me, Monday nights used to be reserved for Monday Night Football on ABC. For over 30 years I could watch an exciting game and catch the highlights of the other Sunday games during the halftime highlights show.

From Howard Cosell, Dandy Don Meredith and Keith Jackson (replaced the next year by Frank Gifford) to Al Michaels and John Madden, it was always something to look forward to.


Since 2005, Monday Night Football on ABC is on NBC on Sunday night as the week's showcase game of the week. Now, Monday Night Football is found on ESPN. Having big games on both Sunday and Monday nights, I tend to have less interest in them unless it's a really good matchup. Sunday nights I catch most of Fox and either Desperate Housewives or a good PBS mystery show if one is on. Football gets the commercials.


On Monday night, unless it's a really good matchup or if I'm doing well in my football pools, I skip most of the game and again watch regular network fare, catching parts of the game during commercials.


I was 5 of 13 in my pools going into Monday night's game (very bad). And, San Francisco vs Seattle is hardly a marque event to watch. On top of that, the game was lopsided (which is only fun to watch if it's your team leading).


So while Amy snoozed on the couch, I took some pictures of her pets as they were on a typical weeknight.


1 comment:

Deb said...

Aw, those pictures are the best.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Are you doing the turkey thing?

I'm the same with MNF...it used to be tradition but now it's sort of petered out.

Two guys here got $78,000 for 11/13 games the weekend before last. I went 7/13...not good. But in the hockey pool I missed the payouts by one stupid tie.

Hope you're doing well...I'm going to "catch up" here now.

:)