Wednesday, January 4

Oops.


Barn too close to road. Posted by Picasa


2006 is only 4 days old. I hope it's going to be a better year year than last.

What a strange night. Watched CNN, went to bed around 11:00. Dozing off to the radio, not much later I heard the dozen miners were found alive in West Virginia. Nice. Went to sleep.

Woke to the news that the earlier news was wrong. All except one of the miners were dead. Telling those families had to be one of the hardest things ever. Families that thought they lost someone; thought they got them back; lost them forever.

Damn.


Around noon today I went out and bought four extra early editions of the Chicago Tribune exclaiming the 12 miner's survival. Poor man's Dewey - Truman.

---------------------------------------------

I had monday off for the holiday. Being sick of football and too wet outside to do anything else, I went for a ride. Found a photogenic barn. It looks like urban sprawl is inching up to it. Actually this picture is from a very hilly area and the road and barn have co-existed for many years.

McHenry County which is one of fastest growing areas in the state I'm sorry to say.

No comments: