Tuesday, December 18

Cold shot.



Icicles at work.. Metaphorically I suppose they could remind me of prison bars - but they don't really. Anyway, a short  four (4) shot slide show:



We have big glass windows facing the east. Monster size icicles grow from the roof and gutters because our building wastes heat, which rises and in turn melts the snow on the roof.


I tried taking some pictures around lunch time but by then the sun was overhead / west. Anyway, how many different pictures of icicles can one look at before getting bored? I'm guessing three (3). Ha.


I may try taking some more tomorrow when the sun is still in the east.

4 comments:

Mike Todd said...

Nice shots! And fnacy pants slideshow, too. I'm impressed.

Toccata said...

Oh Busterp, those are gorgeous. Very impressive. I hope you send them to your paper.

By the way I "gave" you a bear. If you go back and visit it's a couple of posts down.

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

wow. My parent's back porch in NE Ohio had icicles that built up like that in winter from the sun hitting it in the AM...

::sniff:: makes me nostalgic, now that I've spent th' last 3 years down heah in th' Sunshine State...

Deb said...

wow, those are fantastic shots (as we've grown accustomed to here).

Now we're waiting for some Christmas shots.

:)