Thursday, June 7

What should we tip him?


(Buster Poindexter from the movie Scrooged, aka David Johansen of The New York Dolls)

CASH CAB. New summer fare... (get it?).

On the Discovery Channel (for my part, I at least waited till after dusk to turn on the TV and run across this show).
The premise: a taxi cab picks you up and you have to answer questions for money given to you by the driver. Three wrong and you are out on the curb. Or if you do well, keep the money you get for answering the questions correctly. It was a stupid show but the questions actually were above the norm of most game shows.

Clip from the show: CASH CAB.


Counting Crows, Big Yellow Taxi.

Taxi Driver by well known Stones fan, Martin Scorsese. I’m waiting for the documentary of the Stones at the end of this summer.


Death Cab for Cutie, Title & Registration.



Cab Calloway, Reefer Man


2 comments:

mellowlee said...

Oh man! The first time I saw the NY Dolls on tv, I think it was Detroit Public televison, I was trying to figure out where I recognized him from, and Sean said, He's the cab driver from Scrooged, and at the same time I said He's Buster Poindexter!! Turns out we were both right LOL!

I just love that Counting Crows version so much

Deb said...

I love the Counting Crows too.

That would be a fun cab ride...and love the way you followed up with the cab theme.