Saturday, February 16

The Zodiac: Watch the one without the "The"


I saw on the Ebert & Roeper show, less Ebert for now, that the "Zodiac" was a pretty good movie. It made their favorite lists for 2007.

I thought it was on cable tonight: Robert Downey Jr., Jake Gyllenhaal would be in it, both actors I liked.

I watched it. Wrong one.

I kept wondering when Robert Downey Jr. was going to show up. Instead, the main character was Justin Chambers (Grey's Anatomy). He was okay but to me the movie didn't really have much excitement or suspense.

There was a kid character (Rory Culkin) in the movie that had a fairly big part who seemingly (in my mind), would, in a flash forward (like in Lost), turn out to be Robert Downey Jr.

Never happened.

In fact, based on my expectations of star power, I also thought the main actress in this movie was Jennifer Connelly - turns out it was Robin Tunney.

I should have known better.

I do like her though. She was good in Prison Break and the under rated Hollywoodland.

I didn’t know there were two Zodiac movies, especially coming out within 2 years of each other: The Zodiac, 2005 and Zodiac, 2007.

Rotten Tomatoes rates the first one at 25% and David Fincher's newer take on the serial killer at a much better 89%.

I’m betting I’ll like the one I missed more than the one I watched.

Review to follow when I see it.

And to top it off, I missed Grace Potter’s and the Nocturnal's special on our local Public Television station that followed The Austin City Limits.

Fortunately, I caught the last 15 minutes of her special. Fantastic. She gets two youtube clips. I'm sure I'll catch it again in reruns.

"The Zodiac" trailer:



Latest trailer from director David Fincher's (Se7en, Panic Room, Fight Club) about the infamous Zodiac serial killer who operated in northern California in the late 1960's. The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo.

"Zodiac" trailer:


Grace Potter at the Boston Music Awards:



Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Treat Me Right:



No comments: