Friday, December 12

Movie list 2008.



Richard Roeper comments on Chicago and movies.

I'm saving this article for the best movie list of 2008.



READ IT HERE

After reading (the link above), I looked up Shawn Edwards.

If you're unfamiliar with Shawn Edwards, he's a quote whore - a critic who doesn't write reviews (though Edwards does an occasional column for a local magazine in Kansas City), but gives "quotes" to movie companies to put on the promotional material for the movie. The "whore" part comes in when the movie is so bad that few people beyond horney teeagers actually like.

Interesting.

Anyway, here is a list of Roeper's Best Movies of 2008.

Besides the obvious ones, I'm happy to see In Bruges, The Visitor, Frozen River, and Snow Angels made it. I have them on my must see list.

I'm a little surprised Man on a Wire didn't make it.





1. "Slumdog Millionaire"

2. "The Dark Knight"

3. "The Wrestler"

4. "In Bruges"

5. "I've Loved You So Long"

6. "Gran Torino"

7. "Milk"

8. "The Visitor"

9. "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"

10. "Frozen River"

11. "Doubt"

12. "Snow Angels"

13. "Frost/Nixon"

14. "The Reader"

15. "Seven Pounds"

16. "Iron Man"

17. "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"

18. "W."

19. "Henry Poole Is Here"

20. "Burn After Reading"

21. "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"

22. "WALL-E"

23. "The Bank Job"

24. "Tropic Thunder"

25. "Che"


No comments: