Wednesday, July 15

Harper's to Disco Pigs.

More times than not, I watched episodes of the summer series, Harper's Island. It was a bloody, not very realistic or logical, mystery event made to kill off some of that little watched summer scheduling for CBS.

Anyway, it was fun in a way; a wedding is planned on an island, with the wedding party staying a week. The problem is a killer(s) is loose and killing off people one by one. (Similiar plot to a much better Agatha Christie 10 Little Indians.)

The final was on last Saturday and while home watching it, I still missed the last few minutes of it. (Most of the mystery was already explained). Just to make sure I didn't miss any final last twist, I went to a review site a day later to read how it ended. No surprises.

I did notice two of the actors had the same last names so I looked them up. (I like trivia).

One was Katie Cassidy (blonde below). She looked very familiar. Father is David Cassidy (good trivia) and she has appeared a number of times on Supernatural (TV show on the CW).

The other Cassidy was Elaine. I never had seen her before but she had a character look that would fit really well on a Stephen King mini-series. She's Irish and has been in a few movies, including The Truth, Felicia's Journey (Bob Hoskins), and Disco Pigs. I think the middle one was rated the best but I was drawn to Disco Pigs, if not just for the title. It was adapted from a 1996 play of the same name.

(I'd watch any of them if I see them come up on cable. Lesser seen, more interesting to me. Sometimes you find a gem. Usually not. Ha.)





Disco Pigs:







From Fixster:
Pig and Runt - born on the same day, in the same hospital, moments apart.
Twins, all but by blood. Inseparable from birth, they are almost telepathic.
They are also partners in crime, with an appetite for recklessness, exploration and destruction.
But days before their 17th birthday the perfect balance of their world begins to shift.
Pig's sexual awakening and increasing jealousy begins to threaten the private universe they have spent their lives constructing.
Unable to contemplate the loss of Runt, Pig's unpredictable nature spirals out of control in a trail of violence.
The invisible thread between them is stretched to breaking point, the inseparable are about to separate, and which one will survive depends on which one can break free.

No comments: