Tuesday, July 28

Song, Summer 2009.

Its still early but so far this is my favorite song for the Summer of 2009. (The one song that reminds you of that summer more than any other. One that seems to be on all the time but you don't mind.)


It doesn't have to be a big hit but doesn't hurt if it is.

It might be a group I saw live or maybe just a song that got alot of airplay.

I like Zero because of the lyrics and the touch of Siouxie Sioux in the vocals. (Of course it didn't hurt that Clint also likes this and we played it liberally at his house over the 4th of July.)

Zero by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs.



Shake it like a ladder to the sun
Makes me feel like a madman on the run
Find me, never, never far gone
So get your leather, leather, leather on, on, on, on




Runner up this summer would be Franz Ferdinand channeling Jim Morrison with

No you girls.




Ten years ago, for me it was Good Thing by The Fine Young Cannibals.

In 2006 (covered by many groups at Lollapalooza) it was Crazy, Gnarles Barkley.

Can't forget Lily Allen with Smile either in 2006.

2007 brought me favorites North American Scum and Ruby by LCD SoundSystem and Kaiser Chiefs respectively.

Last year, 2008, I'd have to say it was I will Possess Your Heart by Death Cab for Cutie.

1 comment:

redhairedgirl said...

That's right... so many bands at Lolla in 2006 covered Crazy. But it was awesome. I love live covers, almost better than recorded ones. What I was really hoping to see that year was for Gnarls Barkley to join the Violent Femmes onstage or vice versa to do a version of Gone Daddy Gone. That would have rocked.